I got a Palm Treo Pro Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional device, and I had some issues to make it working with the two access points I usually use, a 3Com 3CRGPOE10075 I have at the office, configured with WPA2 Enterprise, and a 3Com 3CRWE454G72 (1.03.12 firmware) at home, using WPA-PSK. Here what I found, maybe it could help someone out there:
- Wi-Fi looks not to play well when the device is connected to the PC via the USB cable. It can't stay on, or crashes, without any error message. Still investigating if ActiveSync interferes somehow. When I disconnect the cable, Wi-Fi works flawlessy. There is a setting in ActiveSync, "File->Connection settings -> Allow wireless connections while connected to the desktop", that should allow to keep Wi-Fi active while connected to the PC.
- My AP at home was not configured as a DHCP server, the ADSL router does it. The device didn't connect, although I could see it associated with the AP in the log. When I tried to assign a static IP address to the device, it connected and worked. Enabling the AP DHCP server also worked. Somehow, relaying the DHCP request didn't work. Of course, I configured the AP to lease addresses in a different range than those leased by the ADSL router.